More than 10,000 hours of programming takes place annually to ensure our families have the support they need during their journey with childhood cancer.
We rely on volunteers to help with the day-to-day function of the office, providing direct-service to our families in the hospital, and during our monthly family activities. Additionally, we are always looking for committed volunteers to help us with our four major events: Cancer Warrior Breakfast, SUPERHERO 5K, Ride For A Child and Harvest of Hope.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- RFAC Support Staff - Flexible schedule? Commit your strength to a great cause by supporting Candlelighters Ride For A Child cycling team during Cycle Oregon. You will travel with the team from September 9-15 through Eastern Oregon doing daily set-up and take-down of camp. Leave from PDX. Guaranteed $200+ with free tent lodging and all meals. Great job for local college kids! 6-8 people needed. Contact Renee at email@example.com.
- SUPERHERO 5K Run/Walk - Course Monitors, Finish Line Support, Parking Attendants, Festival Support, Registration, Face Painters
- The Golf to Give Challenge - Registration, Tournament Operations, Golfer Experience
- Harvest of Hope Planning Committee - Help with procurement for the live and silent auction
- Candlelighters Family Camp - Serve for one day or the whole weekend
- Cancer Warrior Breakfast Planning Committee - Help with planning for our 2019 Breakfast
- Bedside Buddies Tagger – Help with tagging donated stuffed animals
- In Office Help – Mailings, Data Entry, Filing, Document Creation, etc…
Become A Volunteer Today!
Volunteers support Candlelighters For Children With Cancer's mission by helping leverage our resources to have the greatest impact on our community as possible. There are many ways you can help from working directly with families at the hospital or at a monthly family activity to working with our staff at our office. We offer opportunities for groups and individuals.
*Please note - In-Hospital volunteering requires additional training from the hospitals.
Please fill out the application below if you would like to volunteer with Candlelighters.
Board, Mandate, and Event Committee Leadership
If you are interested in leadership opportunities, we seek community leaders to actively participate on our Board of Directors, Strategic Mandate, and Event Committees, supporting the mission and creating the vision for the next three to five years.
Please contact our Executive Director Jackie Groah at firstname.lastname@example.org.