More than 10,000 hours of programming takes place annually to ensure our families have the support they need during their journey with childhood cancer.
We rely on volunteers to help with the day-to-day function of the office, providing direct-service to our families in the hospital, and during our monthly family activities. Additionally, we are always looking for committed volunteers to help us with our four major events: Cancer Warrior Breakfast, SUPERHERO 5K, Ride For A Child and Harvest of Hope.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Candy Cane Lane - Adopt a Family, Volunteer to help at the Party.
- Time of Remembrance - Volunteer with set-up, crafts, and break down.
- Cancer Warrior Breakfast Planning Committee - Help with planning for our 2019 Breakfast
- In-Hospital Volunteers - Dinners, Lunches, Snack Cart...*Requires additional training*
- Bedside Buddies Tagger – Help with tagging donated stuffed animals
- In Office Help – Mailings, Data Entry, Filing, Document Creation, Organizing and Sorting our Storage Area, etc…
Become A Volunteer Today!
Volunteers support Candlelighters For Children With Cancer's mission by helping leverage our resources to have the greatest impact on our community as possible. There are many ways you can help from working directly with families at the hospital or at a monthly family activity to working with our staff at our office. We offer opportunities for groups and individuals.
*Please note - In-Hospital volunteering requires additional training from the hospitals.
Please fill out the application below if you would like to volunteer with Candlelighters.
Board, Mandate, and Event Committee Leadership
If you are interested in leadership opportunities, we seek community leaders to actively participate on our Board of Directors, Strategic Mandate, and Event Committees, supporting the mission and creating the vision for the next three to five years.
Please contact our Executive Director Jackie Groah at firstname.lastname@example.org.