More than 10,000 hours of programming takes place annually to ensure our families have the support they need during their journey with childhood cancer.
We rely on volunteers to help with the day-to-day function of the office, providing direct-service to our families in the hospital, and during our monthly family activities. Additionally, we are always looking for committed volunteers to help us with our four major events: Cancer Warrior Breakfast, SUPERHERO 5K, Ride For A Child and Harvest of Hope.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- SUPERHERO 5K - Need for volunteers to help with registration, course monitors, water distributors, and more! Click Here to Sign-Up.
- Summer Soiree - Dinner party registration, set-up, and clean-up. Click Here to Sign-Up.
- Golf to Give Challenge - We need as many as 20 volunteers on the day of the tournament to help with registration, tournament operations, and golfer experience. Contact Darren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- C3 Car Club First Annual Car Show - Help with hosting an informaiton booth. Email email@example.com.
- Harvest of Hope Planning Committee - Auction procument and support. Emial firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Camp - Family Camp Volunteers needed to support the annual camp in Eugene at Camp Harlow. Food and lodging are provided. Email email@example.com
- Teen Program - Need for volunteer who can code across multiple platforms and who may be willing to donate time or low-bono services for our Teen Program App. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-Hospital Volunteers - Dinners, Lunches, Snack Cart...*Requires additional training* Email email@example.com.
- Web Developer - Web Developer needed for 8-10 hours of work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scanning and Filing - Approximately 4-6 hours. Email email@example.com.
Become A Volunteer Today!
Volunteers support Candlelighters For Children With Cancer's mission by helping leverage our resources to have the greatest impact on our community as possible. There are many ways you can help from working directly with families at the hospital or at a monthly family activity to working with our staff at our office. We offer opportunities for groups and individuals.
*Please note - In-Hospital volunteering requires additional training from the hospitals.
Please fill out the application below if you would like to volunteer with Candlelighters.
Board, Mandate, and Event Committee Leadership
If you are interested in leadership opportunities, we seek community leaders to actively participate on our Board of Directors, Strategic Mandate, and Event Committees, supporting the mission and creating the vision for the next three to five years.
Please contact our Executive Director Jackie Groah at firstname.lastname@example.org.