The financial and emotional impact of childhood cancer can be enormous.
- 2 out of 4 families report considerable to severe household debt as a result of the child’s cancer care.
- 33% of families state that one adult in their household stopped working completely.
- 6 out of 10 families with children with cancer reported spending between $1,000 and $10,000 a year on non-medical expenses.
Why give to Candlelighters?
Through the generosity and gifts of foundations, partners and donors, Candlelighters For Children With Cancer helps families by providing:
- Emergency Financial Assistance to as many as 200 families, $599 annually to help with recurring bills when a family is grappling with childhood cancer; since 2002
- A weekend away from treatment through our annual Candlelighters Family Camp; since 1995
- Scholarships for college age students who have battled or are battling cancer; since 1996
- In hospital hot-catered meals and snacks for as many as 2,000 people annually; since the 1990s
- Peer support and networking though monthly family activities and programs; since 1980s.
Where Does My Donation Go?
Download our 2019 annual report to learn about revenue and expense allocations.