The financial and emotional impact of childhood cancer can be enormous.
- 2 out of 4 families report considerable to severe household debt as a result of the child’s cancer care.
- 33% of families state that one adult in their household stopped working completely.
- 6 out of 10 families with children with cancer reported spending between $1,000 and $10,000 a year on non-medical expenses.
Why Give to Candlelighters?
Candlelighters serves the entire family when a child is diagnosed with cancer, through treatment, and beyond. We help local families in Oregon and SW Washington by providing:
- Emergency Financial Assistance to offset medical bills, loss of income when a parent stops working to be with a sick child, transportation costs. Since 2002, Candlelighters has provided up to $599 in financial assistance per year for families in need.
- A weekend away from treatment through our annual Candlelighters Family Camp; since 1995
- Scholarships for college age students who have battled or are battling cancer; since 1996
- In hospital hot-catered meals and snacks for as many as 2,000 people annually; since the 1990s
- Peer support and networking though monthly family activities and programs; since 1980s.
Where Does My Donation Go?
Download our 2019 annual report to learn about revenue and expense allocations.
Making a donation in memory or in honor of a loved one?
We’ll mail a letter on your behalf to your chosen recipient. Simply provide the contact information and allow 7-10 days for delivery.
Donate online or by check.
Mail your check to:
Candlelighters For Chidlren With Cancer
6600 SW 92nd Ave, Suite 160
Portland, OR 97223