Candlelighters Continuing Education Scholarship Program.
In 1996, Candlelighters For Children With Cancer established the Candlelighters Continuing Education Scholarship Program. We recognize that families can amass overwhelming debt in medical bills after years of treatment, follow up appointments, and on-going medical issues caused by treatment. The journey doesn’t stop for families, and Candlelighters support doesn’t stop either. Financial assistance is awarded to high school seniors or current college students to support their pursuit of a higher education who have previously been or are currently diagnosed with cancer.
2018-2019 Candlelighters Continuing Education Scholarship
The application process for the 2018-2019 Candlelighters Scholarship is now open. Candlelighters will be rewarding three $2,500 scholarships to qualified applicants. Email your completed application to Phil at email@example.com or mail to the location listed on the application.
Applicant will need:
- Most recent high school or college transcript
- Letter of Recommendation
- Answer an essay question
- Completely filled out application form.
- The applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate, technical or vocational education.
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior or an enrolled post-secondary student at the time of application.
- If a high school senior, the applicant must have, at least, a 3.0 GPA. However, if the applicant has an I.E.P., or accommodations in place, then the required GPA is 2.0.
- If the applicant is currently attending a post-secondary school, the required GPA is 2.0.
- The applicant must have, or have had, cancer prior to age 21.
- The applicant must be a member of Candlelighters For Children With Cancer and be a resident of Oregon or SW Washington.
Applications must be received no later than April 1, 2018
Congratulations to our 2017 Scholarship Award Winners!