2018 Candlelighters Family Camp Applications Are Open!
Join us for our signature Candlelighters Family Camp on Saturday Sept. 1st – Monday Sept. 3rd in Eugene, OR. The weekend will be full of fun activities including swimming, go-karts, bumper boats, mini golf, zip lining, horseback riding, campfires, games, and more. Camp is free for all immediate family members and includes lodging and meals! Don’t miss out on this action-packed weekend of fun!
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN REGISTER:
1. E-Mail: Visit www.candlelightersoregon.org and click on ‘Programs’ then select ‘Family Camp.’ Click on the Family Camp Application link at the top of the page. Once it is filled out you can e-mail it to: Kristin at email@example.com.
2. Mail: Send in your completed application (online or newsletter form) to:
CANDLELIGHTERS FAMILY CAMP
6600 SW 92nd Ave., Suite 160
Portland, OR 97223
Attn: Kristin Burgoyne
Families, including all immediate family members, are eligible to attend Candlelighters Family Camp up to three times within ten years of date of diagnosis, relapse, or loss of a child, or until the child is age 21. Attendance does not have to be in consecutive years. Families who have attended camp three times may contact Candlelighters to be put on the waitlist, and will be eligible to attend camp if space is available.
• Children diagnosed with cancer can be at any stage in their treatment, post treatment, or have passed due to cancer.
• Immediate family members include parents/caregivers, siblings and anyone living in the household. If space is available additional family members may be included at the Camp Director’s discretion.
• Siblings may be over the age of 21 as long as the diagnosed child is under 21.
• The wait list will be complied in the order in which the Camp Director receives applications. Applicants will be notified three weeks prior to camp if there is space for them to attend camp.
• New families will take first priority
IN ORDER TO ATTEND FAMILY CAMP, YOU MUST:
• Fill out ALL forms completely (liability, media, behavior conduct, health insurance) and on time.
• Abide by rules and behavior conduct code at all times while at camp
• Not have a contagious illness
SPECIAL IMPORTANT INFO:
If you register for Camp and are a NO SHOW or cancel within 3 days from the start of Camp, you will
not be eligible to attend camp in following years. Special circumstances do not apply.
Where Memories Are Made
Family Camp 2017 was one for the history books! We celebrated our 40th anniversary while we were at Camp, and were able to serve upwards of 325 family members.
Our weekend was filled with go carts, swimming, treats, campfires, horseback riding, zip lining, rock wall climbing, making friendships, crafts, adventures, and oh so much more. Even when plans changed slightly due to the smokey air, our families were resilient as always, and made the best of it! To our returning families, thank you for making Camp special again, and to our first time families, we are so happy you got to experience the magic. We are thrilled you were all a part of an amazing weekend that filled our hearts. We are already counting down the days until next year!!
We could not have made Camp happen without the help of our amazing volunteers and supporters: Cami Nicoll, Lauren Swart, Olivia Bushnell, Andie Taylor, Tami Taylor, Sydney Green, Sage Toomey, Kevin Henderson, Kristine Nguyen, Gillian Bergmann, Blake Hakkila, Eddie Reyes, Lauren Held, Emma Moss, Rachel Griffith, Ramon Lopez, Maria Valdez, Ellen Worsham, Diana O'Bryan, Glenda Costain, Elliott O'Bryan, West Albany Booster Club, Donna Young, Mary Lou and Larry Bradley, Robyn Thompson, Darcy Davis, Marianne Kabour, Lauren Jones, and Mason Jones. And to our incredible staff: Jeanette Henning, Tony Le, Chris Faust, Shawntel Roth, Diane Parker, Noel Maldonado - thank you as well! The Duncan Family and the Farrar Family were incredible host families at Camp and we also could not have made Family Camp happen without the partnership of Camp Harlow and its amazing staff (Alli Beckham and Mike Bothman!!!).
A Special Thank You to Juan Young Trust, Robert D. & Marcia H. Randall Charitable Trust, and The Henderson Family.