View Candlelighters FAMILY Connections for RSVP deadlines and event details.
Oregon and SW Washington - Statewide Activities
- Doernbecher Children's Hospital Dinners - 1st & 3rd Wednesday every month
- Randall Children's Hospital Lunches - 1st Tuesday every month
- Doernbecher Snack Cart - Every Friday
- Scholarship Applications are OPEN - Submission deadline April 1 Click Here
Surviving Cancer Competently: A 3-session series for parents and caregivers on developing positive coping skills during a cancer diagnosis.
Thursdays April 25th, May 2nd, & May 9th
6:30 - 8:30pm
Randall Children’s Hospital
Third Floor Conference Room
The Surviving Cancer Competently Program (SCCIP) was designed by a team of professionals at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia to help parents/caregivers see how cancer is affecting their family and help reduce post-traumatic stress that families can experience when dealing with cancer. During this workshop we will help you understand your beliefs around cancer, discuss ways to think about them differently and help you use your strengths to cope. This workshop series is in partnership with Randall Children's Hopsital Pediatric Psychologist, Dr. Marianne Kabour and is available to parents and caregivers who currently have a child in treatment or are within a few years post-treatment. Space is limited to 6 families and childcare is provided.
Portland Metro & SW Washington
RSVP: Contact Kristin at 503.719.4244 or email@example.com
- March 23 - Ice Skating - Winterhawks Training Facility - Join us for fun on the ice at the Winterhawks Skating Center under the iconic wood-beam ceiling of this historic ice facility. In operation since 1965, the arena is the official practice facility for the Portland Winterhawks. This will be a private event where Candlelighters will have the entire facility to ourselves. This event is only immediate family members (parents/guardians and children only).
- March 25 & 26 - The Luminaries Teen Program Spring Break Volunteer Opportunity
- May 18 - Annual Kid's Fishing Day
- May TBD - Picnic in The Park Bereavement Event
Mid-Willamette Valley Chapter
RSVP: Contact Mary Lou at 541.687.4528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Robyn at 541.343.4528 or email@example.com
- April 13 - Easter Egg Hunt
- April 17 - Mom's Night Out
- May 11 - Survivors in the Woods
- May 14 - Mom's Night Out
Central Oregon Chapter
RSVP: Contact Darcy at 541.419.6426 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Oregon Chapter
RSVP: Contact Kim at 541.292.3058 or email@example.com
- April TBD - Mom and Daughter Planter Party
- May TBD - Mom's Night Out at the Movies